Sunday, January 12, 2014

Racha :a murder crime

English for lawyer progress test : I was an attorney in a murder crime.. My mission was to defend the accused convicted of criminal act .. Actually, this mission was so difficult because it needs to find the proofs and conclusive evidences to win the case .. In facts, my client is an old man, and the event happened when he was driving his car on a stormy and rainy weather . In the meantime, a speeding car wanted to override client's car, so the car lost control, turned and crashed client's car to a tree and the driver was dead .. The victim's Family accused my client; furthermore, he was subpoenaed for investigation, and the prosecution indicted him guilty for committing this crime .. The indictment incised that if the defendant had moved his car ,the accident wouldn't happen and then there wouldn't be a crime .. I felt worried because I needed to prepare for the pretrial hearing and assembled a case that aimed at attaining the acquittal of my client because I was sure he didn’t commit any crime and he's innocent.. On the day of the verdict's pronunciation , I was ready for the confrontation because my client counted on me ,but I didn't know if I could persuade the judge according to my proofs .. The trial began, the prosecutor accused the defended and charged him with high sanctions for committing a misdemeanor as result of his negligence in driving; the plaintiff's party reclaimed that the defendant should assume liability .. I felt more comfortable during my statement when I saw the judge satisfied with the proofs that I filed before the court, it consisted of : 1- The defendant didn't have the required intent; he was driving at night slowly ,but the speed and the rain were the reasons for causing this accident and crashing the car of the defendant and the tree.. 2- The proof of speed machine confirms these remarks.. 3- The negligence issued from the speedy driver and not from the defendant who was in front.. 4- The testimonies affirmed this.. Thus, I demand the innocence for my client.. As a result, according to the statement of both parties, and the evidences filed from them, and after the deliberation.. the judge pronounced the verdict that the defendant is not guilty. I felt so proud because I saved an innocent man . I was pleading the equity and finally I've got it …

No comments:

Post a Comment