Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ghina Mawas:lawsuit

English for lawyers first Test Prepared by Ghina Mawas 1-Jane filed a lawsuit against ANF Beverages Company because she has been hospitalized for more than 15 days after drinking an orange juice made by the respondent. As a result, the prosecutor accused them for committing a harmful misdemeanor and violating the consumers’ safety. He claimed for closing the company as it has been charged a year before with a similar damage caused to a young man. The accusation was based on the following evidences: -The expert’s report depicts the fact of poisoning the plaintiff with a bacteria transferred from animals’ feces. -The investigations emphasized the existence of a bacterium in many ANF can juice found in the Cripec Restaurant where the plaintiff was lunching. -The medical report evaluated the patient’s condition as severe and dangerous and because of having an integral healthy body she could come through and avoid death. With reference to all the above evidences, a prehearing date was fixed on the 4th of January in 2014. 2-Winning the trial becomes my goal, not only because my client didn’t commit a wrongful act but because I wanted to save the reputation of the case. I have to thrive for the purpose to disclose the truth, especially that my client has been on market for more than twenty years and only in this current year she was sued for similar damages. After reviewing the case and studying the above evidences, I have proved that my client has done no wrong and it was just a mistrial. 3-Time passed quickly and the due date for presenting my evidences arrived. I built my request upon the following: -ANF was convicted in the first case for paying 100 000 $ as a remedy to Mr. John, who suffered after taking ANF juice at Tormec restaurant. Extra investigations showed that Cripec and Tormec are two restaurants that belong to the same chain. -My client proved that he used to deliver beverages to MEC head office once every three month and then stocked in their locations until served to other branches as needed. -After revealing the verdict, Consumer’s Safety Association supervised ANF for a period of time and concluded that it was abiding laws. -Poisoning is caused by the can beverages and not by the “liquid” juice. By all means, FNA are safe to drink. -In addition, my client used to deliver restaurants at their location but for Cripec and Tromec restaurants delivery was transmitted to MEC location and stocked for a while. Whereas, no investigations were done in MEC stocking location and many witnesses testified on the bad, abnormal and unhealthy ways of the stocking location. Therefore, witnesses are able to display well their points at the court. -At the end, there isn’t any conclusive evidence against my client or many evidences have led to accuse MEC Company for committing a tort in stocking their beverages. 4-Certainly my points will be successfully conveyed to the jury and judges. And this lawsuit will not only bring prosperity to my career but will also add a good reputation for me a as lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment