Thursday, January 23, 2014

Barrister to defend my client

I was hired as a barrister to defend Mr. Philippe who was under arrest because he was accused of a homicide. Hence upon, I had received the power of attorney ,secured a copy of the discovery file, and read it many times very deeply for the purpose of gathering all the details there that are crucial for the case, especially the plaintiff, the preliminary investigations, the prosecution, the discovery, the testimonies and the indictment. The second step was to check the data used by the plaintiff and the prosecution to assemble the case against my principal. The third step was to extract the useful acts and the conclusive evidences hereby the judges will believe beyond a reasonable doubt that my principal’s action is a self-defense. Finally, after I completed the assignments abovementioned, and with a view toward the doctrine and the jurisprudence I could prepare an important pleading which would convince the presiding judge and the councilors. on the day of the trial, I woke up early and went to the court; I dressed up my robe and made a quick review of the pleading. While waiting for the beginning of the trial, I fell a bit scared about the destiny of my principal because he was charged of a capital crime, plus he was a poor man. Beside my fears, I was worried regarding the encounter of the plaintiff’s attorney and the prosecutor who were working hard to convict my principal and charge him of capital punishment. Despite all the difficulties and the obstructions, I was relieved and proud to present my pleading, because I made a bona fide effort and I did my role by book as a defense attorney.

3 comments:

  1. So what was the Judgment in the abovementioned case
    The charge dismisseds , or what.
    Thank you a lot. Dr ghad. Very useful topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Dr awada hopefuly you having nice saturday.
    a question: what is meaning of superior responsibility?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my home work zaki ,i did nt continue what could be the judgement,because i was tired :),and thank you dr ghada .

    ReplyDelete